Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moose-Sighting Adventure Part III!!!

These are all photos of a place called "Misery Pond", although I've no idea why it's called that. It was so beautiful, and I got carried away taking lots of pictures.

Above and below, you can see the sillhouettes of Jim (Meg's Dad), Meg, and her sister Page.

It wasn't actually sunset, though it looks that way. What happenned was I didn't realise I was looking towards the sunlight, so the lens was over-exposed!!


Here you can see how sunny it was, with Page's head accidentally in the corner of the shot!

The water was like glass in this lake... It was amazing.

In the far centre of the picture, you can barely mnake out Nat & Phoebe, who both decided to go climbing... (apparently they did that last time!)

They're next to the big boulder in roughly the centre of the picture...

Here they are coming back to us...

My favourite picture in this set. I love the way the sunlight is reflecting off the water and off my lens. :)

Another almost identical one... I love the cloudy sky in this one as well.

You can see the pines growing on the edge of the lake here... I'd love to go back and spend more time here, possibly with my tripod so I could use the digital zoom more...

Sorry... another one lol
and yet another corner shot...

You can see the sun has moved since I took the last few shots, as it's higher up in the sky!!
I don't know what to say. I love the peacefulness and serenity of this scene. There were no other people there except a guy further up the bank who was waiting for three of his hunting buddies to come back with their catch, which they hoped would be a bear!! Meg's Dad chatted to him for a while while we looked round and I took lot's of photos!! these are my favourite scenery ones of the whole trip I think.

2 comments:

  1. That last picture is just breathtakingly beautiful, i bet u could skip stones along that , you have a good talent in taking photos jm, anyone ever tell u that?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favourite spots too ... It is very peaceful three, esp if no one else is camping there. I took a similar picture from off to the side of where those guys were camping--there was a little ledge that made a good spot for pictures. You got some excellent ones, much then ones I've taken. And I think it's uber cool that we took you there--very few people about that place. :D

    ReplyDelete