Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Moose Sighting Adventure part II!!

This was our first "photo stop-off point". I'm a bit annoyed because I can't remeber the name of the place or the lake, perhaps Meg will leave a comment to tell us.

I just kept taking pictures of it because it was so beautiful and the colours were so vibrant; all the blues and greens...

The water also had this serene peacefulness about it that I just fell in love with. (ok now I'm sounding like an emotional american lol)

Maybe someone can answer this?! What type of trees are they? I was told but I can't remember now.


I think we must have stopped here for about ten minutes and I'd been told it was just a quick stop as we had a ways to go, so I just snapped and snapped and snapped pictures nineteen to the dozen!! i wish I could remember the name of this place...

As you can see, it was a lake surrounded ny Forest, like most of Maine seemed to be, or certainly the area of Maine I was in anyway...

Do you recognise the islands in the middle Meg? can you remember where this is?! it was definitely on the way up to "Misery Pond" which is anything but miserable and which I'll show you in my next post tomorrow...

I love trees next to water. It makes me think of the verse in revelation that talks about various trees (including the Tree Of Life) being next to a grand River that sweeps through the Heavenly City where God dwells with His people. I hope it'll be like this, I imagine it will be...

last picture. I zoomed into the islands to see what they were like close up. they were still a distance away though! And the best photo of my whole holiday was to come next at Misery pond, little did I know...

4 comments:

  1. Yes I know exactly where this is but I can't remember the name either. I will ask Dad. I think it's actually part of a large river.

    The trees? I'm not sure which ones you meant but in the picture you asked about--the tall white ones are white birch ... there are also pines and I think I'm seeing some young beach trees in that picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure they were not big brown skinny cows?


    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pics hobbit !, just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lilmiss. The pictures are really, really nice!

    ReplyDelete