Sunday, August 07, 2005

"Yes Man!" by Danny Wallace...

This is possibly THE funniest book I have EVER read!

If you're a fan of Tony Hawks, this book is for you. It describes the madcap adventures of Danny Wallace once he undertakes to prove himself from a drunken bet!! (why do these things always start with a drunken bet in a pub?! lol)

Poor Danny has been dumped by his girlfriend, and life just isn't the same. He can't be bothered to go out, meet friends, or go to the pub anymore. In fact staying in and saying "No" has become a bit of a lifestyle...

That is, until a chance encounter with a random stranger on a bus replacement service home gives Danny a new perspective on life. he feels he ought to say "Yes!" to life more often...

And so he does.


The conversation with the random bloke on the bus so changes Danny's perspective of the world around him, that he makes a bet with his mate Ian in a pub that he can say "Yes!" to everything for one week. The results of this week of positiveness are so over whelming, that Danny gets pen and paper and produces his own Manisfesto to live by:

"I, Danny Wallace, being of sound mind and body, do hereby write this manifesto for my life. I swear I will be more open to opportunity. I swear I will live my life taking every available chance. I swear I will say yes to every favour, request, suggestion and invitation. I swear I will say yes where once I would have said no."

Read about what happenned when Danny decided to live by this for a whole year!!

1 comment:

  1. Danny's even funnier in real life. I had a few pints with him on July 26th in NYC and he somehow even made the TV say yes: http://www.goingpostal3000.com/05-07/blog.html

    later, kyle

    ReplyDelete