Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Crash...

I went to the cinema with my brother and my sister-in-law last night to watch this film. It's basically about a bunch of people all inter-connected in some way or other throughout the film by different circumstances, and racism. It was really well produced, and even though the characters were completely different, they were written into each scene really well.

It really made me think, particularly as every single racial group (and, being set in L.A, there were lots!!) exhibited some sort of racism towards another group. It was quite eye opening, and I'd like to say if that's really what living in LA is like, I'm glad I don't live there!!

It raised lots of issues, particularly about choices that we make, either for bad or for good, and how they have specific consequences, even if we can't see them. Also, the way that our actions in a given situation interract and affect others' decision-making.

Very well-written and thought-provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment