Monday, February 20, 2006

Very Tired But Extremely Happy...

I've just got back not long ago from Romsey. If you read my blog, you'll know that my gf bought me train tickets down to visit her this weekend as her valentines present to me.

I had a FANTASTIC weekend, we went walking round Romsey where she lives, and she showed me round, and whilst doing that, we shopped for a special meal we were going to cook for ourselves together as a sort of valentines meal just for the two of us because we couldn't be together on the actual daywhen it happenned. It was REALLY nice, and I actually managed to cook!!

We had a main course and a dessert. For our main we had a Duck Stirfry, with the duck soaked in a honey/sesame oil/soy sauce marinade, with beansprouts, carrots, spring onion, and egg noodles, and some sort of chineese leaf. It was so easy to make and we both really liked it. For dessert we crushed some biscuits (the recipe said posh italian ones, but we used digestives lol) in a serving dish, then layered over the top of the biscuit base with a lemon cream, which was made out of whipped cream and lemon curd, (easyness!) and then covered with a layer of kiwi fruit, then another layer of cream, then kiwi fruit again. It was yummy!!

Once we'd prepared the meal, we set out the table and sat down to eat. We really worked well together in the kitchen, and our "kitchen compatability" for me was a pointer to something much deeper that happenned between us this weekend, as all saturday afternoon, (amidst cuddles and kisses) we talked about our dreams for the future and where we felt God was leading us, and just opening up to each other, which was very special.

I've felt with my previous relationships that I've rushed things, and to be honest they've not been very "adult" or mature relationships, mainly because of me. For the first time, I feel that Im getting to know another person really well, and the more I know, the more I love of her. We specifically both said that we weren't going to plan anything in terms of the relationship, but were going to see how it developed, and get to know each other really well. For me, it was a real watershed, as I got to spend time with her getting to know her on an emotional level that we haven't had time for before, and we both felt this weekend was really worth it.

We've both decided that frequent trips up or down to visit each other is gonna be the shape of this relationship for the foreseen future, as neither of us wants or has the conviction to move at the moment. We talked alot about the future, not in terms of where we want us to go, but more where we see God leading, and how uncertain it is.

It sounds strange, but now that we've defined where we both are, we both feel very happy about it, and while we'll miss each other in the inbetween times, when we do see each other, we make sure it's quality time we spend. I'm really looking forward to going down again in two weeks, this time for a whole week, as I've got time off work! Alice will be working still, but we will have most evenings together, and at least one day, and I can visit some freinds in Eastleigh during the day anyway. I'm really missing her already, it was nice to spend a day chilling out, and sharing our hearts and feelings with each other over a nice meal, and lots of cuddles and our own space without interruptions.

Anyway, I'll start gushing like a big girl if I go on, (lol) and as I've had a six hour train journey to get back, and am in work tommorrow, I'm off to go to bed before I embarrass myself and fall asleep on the keyboard!!

I'm really, really happy for once. :-)

Thanks hun, I had a great weeekend, and there's no one I'd rather have spent it with!

:-) xxxxxxxxxxx (thousands of kisses and cuddles for you)

1 comment:

  1. hey hun,
    it's so nice to read all that! i feel exactly the same about the weekend together, I love you.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete