Saturday, February 11, 2006

I've officially embarrassed myself over the phone...

I was speaking to Ali tonight, (she of the blog, you know my gf) and I was trying to tell a joke that I found hysterically funny....

Ok so I broke down literally screaming and crying with laughter and had to hand the ohone to my dad for him to tell it because I was trying to breathe lol

Then my dad gets to the line before the puunch line and loses it himself because he heard me tell it earlier on in the evening and knows I can't get through it lo

Then my mum hears me and my dad SCREAMING with laughter like 5yr olds and comes out to see what's going on...

Yes you've guessed it.

The contagiousness of me and my dad, helpless literally on the floor, gasping for breath and trying to speak admidst great gales of laughter with tears running down our cheeks, set my mum off.

This is bad, because as any member of my family knows, once you get my mum and me going, the whole neighbourhood knows about it.

I had to apologise profusely amidst screams and ring her back, cos at that stage, me, my dad AND my mum were in a heap on the floor of the hallway, trying to catch our breath and literally holding our sides because they were hurting so much. Everytime we managed to stop laughing, one of us would try to suppress a giggle, and we'd all start up again lol lol lol

That was the best 15 minutes of my life I've had for a long time, and my gf now thinks my family is officially nuts lol

It's actually true!

(Disclaimer: although this actually happenned tonight, I cannot claim the joke to actually be that funny, we were all very tired is all I can say! lol - It's the joke posted below)

2 comments:

  1. i can confirm that this story is absolutely true and yes the joke is fairly funny but not THAT funny!!!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it's not funny at all and very old. White coats on your doorstep boy...

    ReplyDelete