Friday, September 01, 2006

Long Time No Blog...

Actually, it's been about a week, but it feels like a long time!

I've been away from the computer screen because I've been busy having fun, which is good! My mate Alice came up to visit last Friday for my birthday on Tuesday, and stayed till Thursday. We used to see each other, i.e. gf/bf, but we broke up a few months ago, but have remained firm friends. We did the following over last weekend, with very little money: (!)

  • On Saturday, we went to Southport (a seaside town near where I live) and went shopping. I bought a book (I'll review it when I've finished it!) and Alice bought a few books on gardening, and bought me my second birthday present early! She bought me a "smoothie maker", which if you didn't know is a bit like a blender - you can make milkshakes and fruit juices with it. She'd already bought me a book of "smoothie" recipes. I was well excited 'cos I'm sad like that lol.
  • Later on, ('cos it was cheaper!!) we went to the fair (still at Southport) - Alice forced/blackmailed/cajoled me into going on the Traumatizer rollercoaster, (Alice nearly wet herself laughing because I couldn't stand it and closed my eyes most of the way!) then some thing where you're only held in by a metal chain, and the ride goes on it's side, and you can feel the G forces pulling at your face and legs, and THEN we went on a ride where you sit in a "car" with the two of you in, while it rocks back and forth and completely upside down!!! Needless to say, after four rides, because I hadn't eaten anything that day, I felt really really sick and thought I was gonna throw up, so I had to sit down for a while. I was a bit of a wimp to be honest!
  • On Sunday we decided to go to the cinema and we went to see Snakes On A Plane, which was AWESOME!!! I loved every minute of it, and I revelled in Samuel L Jackson being the tough guy and kicking all the snakes butts lol. It was only a fifteen, but I thought it should have been classified as an 18, 'cos some parts were like a horror. Alice nearly jumped out of her seat a couple of times, and it was my turn to laugh at her lol
  • In the evening, we decided to go to Megabowl, and we chose the unlimited bowling. In the end, we played TEN games of bowling lol!! Alice beat me 7 games to 3, so I was well and truly trounced!! We both ached a bit the next day, needless to say!
  • Monday we lazed around during the day,and then watched one of my dvds, Hollow Man in the evening.
  • Tuesday I had to go back to work, so Alice chilled out at my house doing what she wanted, and then in the evening, we went for something to eat at the Rocking Horse Pub, which is literally 5 minutes down the road from me. Very nice food, and not expensive.
  • Wednesday was my birthday!!! I had to work unfortunately, and in the evening, Alice met me after work, and we went for another meal!! We went to Ask, which is across the road from the shop, and very nice.
  • In the evening we watched another dvd, Mulholland Drive, which is meant to be an arty physchological clever thriller, but both of us found it a bit wierd!! A bit like Twin Peaks was... I did think this should have been an 18 not a 15 also. Oh well, at least we can say we've seen it now!!

Alice drove home on Wednesday night, and I'll miss her, it was really nice to catch up and it was cool to not spend my birthday on my own, which I have done for the last couple of years.

Anyway, that's my update, sorry it was so long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment