Saturday, April 08, 2006

Week Away...

I've been away at a Christian Conference called Spring Harvest that lot's of good evangelical Christians like to go to every year. It's held in two locations every year, Minehead and Skegness, in Butlins camps. I've just come back from the Skegness site, I was helping to run the very large bookstall there.

My main job was as the assistant stock manager, which consisted of getting approximately £300,000 worth of stock on the shelves, and organising the extra that we had no space for in an efficient way on the stage so that the next three teams who arrive, (S.H. runs for four weeks) will be able to find stuff.

I spent hours and hours sorting out books, dvd's and cd's into alphabetical order, and different catergories, in very low lighting in the space behind the stage. Because Graeme and I are both not very tall, and worked up there most of the week for hours at a time, they put a big label on the door to the stage saying "THE HOBBIT HOLE"!!! I was nicknamed Frodo, and Graeme was nicknamed Bilbo, 'cos he's quite a bit older than me.

It's strange how my blog title and my chat name are spilling into my "real" "offline" life....

No comments:

Post a Comment