Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I've got a Dilemma....

I live a fair distance from my gf. (couple of hundred miles actually) so we don't get to see an awful lot of each other.

I also don't get that many saturday's off in a month.

2 to be precise.

My problem is that I've already requested the 20th of next month off for a mate's Stag Day doing fun things like Paint Ball during the day, and a big chineese banquet in the evening.

That means I only have one other Saturday off.

The saturday I've got off is the week after, the 28th, which is Bank Holiday weekend.

Great!! you'll be thinking, an extra day at the end because of the monday, you can definitely go down and visit her!! And, normally you'd be right, but it's also the same weekend of our Church Weekend Away, which only happens every eighteen months.

I've already told her I'm coming down, but I feel a bit guilty about not going with my friends. I know I would feel even more guilty if I didn't visit her in May though. And I'd miss her even more than I already do.

Long Distance Relationships suck big time.

At least I'll get three whole days with her!! I've managed to swing the Friday just before as a days holiday, so I might be able to go down on the Thursday night, making it even longer.

:-)

Church Weekends are important, and my church family are important to me, as much as I moan and complain about them, but if I don't spend time with Ali, how can I expect to get to know her? She's already been up to me once already, and this weekend will be the second time, so I have to make the effort again. Besides, it's not like she can just take sundays off, as a youthworker, it's one of her busiest days.....

Like I said, Long Distance sucks.

But I'm glad I'm with her, and the hugs and cuddles and kisses when we do see each other have more feeling behind them than if we lived next door to each other I guess!!

:-) I can't wait for one of those hugs on Saturday!!

Awwww I'm a big (little) softie really.

No comments:

Post a Comment