Monday, April 04, 2005

The Doctor Says...

I've got a "moderate" depression.

Not quite sure how that translates in normal speak, but I guess "moderate" is worse than "slight", and not as bad as "acute". I've signed up to speak to a counselor, but the waiting list is three months...

Also been offered anti-depressants, which is where the confusion starts...

Everyone I know who has used them says don't. Everyone I know with a medical background, (including the doctor himself) says why not?

I've got a week to think about it.

As if I needed even more reason to be depressed, I am going away tommorrow to a strange, super-spiritual event called Spring Harvest in a place known as Skegness. Each year, thousands of Christians descend on this excuse for a wilderness, er... I mean town, to be joyful and sing endless songs, and to be taught how to be a "better" Christian.

My company runs the bookstall for the event, which lasts three weeks, based in Butlins Holiday site. The bookshop is bigger than the shop I work in, but this year I've devolved all responsibility to other people. I'm not doing the cashing up, I'm not doing the Ordering, I'm not doing the organising shifts and rotas, I'm just going as the music person. This means that I get to stay all day in the funky music shop with all the plasma screens and gadgets. At least there'll be some plus to going this year...

Disclaimer: for those of you who enjoy spring harvest, I've probably come across a bit strongly negative. This is just a result of my mood at the moment, and no relection on the event or the people who run it itself... I'm just not looking forward to the long hours...

Anyway, I haven't even packed yet, as my packing skills are legendary. They just involve washing clothes, putting them in the tumble dryer, waiting for it to finish, and then stuffing them in a bag... That's it.

I'll go and start washing some clothes now... I've got loads of time, as I leave tommorrow morning at (eek!) 7:20 am from Lime Street Station.

Yes... That's right...

I'm getting the train there...

Oh joy.

Four and a half hours later, I shall arrive in Skegness, weary and burdened.

At least I don't have to pay for my food or accomadation...

*sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment