Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oh The Irony...

It's very cold at the moment, (in fact it's actually -5 c outside!!). Although it isn't particularly windy, if the door is left even slightly ajar, the cold air seems to breeze in and make the shop like a freezer!! So, to keep the heat in, I've printed a notice (in large print) and put it on the glass of the front door (at general eye level) asking customers to close the door behind them, when they enter or leave.

Yet 99% of them don't even read the notice, as is evidenced by the amount of excercise I have gotten this morning walking back an forth between the counter and the front door...

Come to by a book, yet you can't read a notice huh?

;)

3 comments:

  1. Heh ... perhaps they need a refresher course, like an icecube down the knickers!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love irony, Hobbs, don't you? I especially love it when the irony pertains to reading things ahead of time that you're supposed to only to find out that those readings were cut...

    Okay, so maybe I only like the irony in the lives of other people. Irony in my own can suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MdMhVonPA - hah like it!! That'd show em!! *grins*

    Arty - Oh Dear. I would find a heavy copy of the Complete Works of Shakespeare if I were you and take it to the examiners office and hit him with it!! (alternatively I've found a large KJV Bible does the trick...)

    ReplyDelete