Monday, October 23, 2006

Update...

yeh I know it's been a while...

Ok here goes:

I've been very busy with work and too tired and fed-up to blog of late. I'm already thining "bah humbug" and it's only the end of october. I hate the build up to christmas when I'm working in a shop, it seems to spoil it all somehow, and I'm getting a bit cynical, even though I work in a Christian Bookshop.

We seem to be overloaded with parcel after parcel of christmas stuff, most of that I can only describe as "kitch". I'm working as hard as I can to clear parcels, and then another lot comes. I'm so tired I can hardly think, and being in charge is getting tiring. So much to do, so little time has not only become my catchprhase, in terms of work, it's my life at the moment.

Outside of work, I'm quite happy. I've been busy practising for a concert that we actually had on Saturday, to raise funds for Operation Christmas Child/Samaritan's Purse, who distribute the shoeboxes for kids. It actually went really well, and all of us felt a sense of God being there on the night, so it was cool. We managed to raise over £300, and totalled with the car boot sale, and coffee mornings, etc we had, we've now got over £600 to give them, which I'm really happy about.

My sister got third place in the Urban Idol competition, which we were all really pleased about (including her) and also she got a heck of a lot of media coverage in the local papers, which means that she'll probably have more opportunities to sing now, which is great! We're all really proud of her.

I've been over to belfast for a few days to see my family, as I had leave to use up, and that was great. I may post some photos when I've got more time, of my uncle and my new cousin, little Samuel!! It was really good to re-connect with my family, and spend alot of time with my grandparents, who I really do look up to. (mum's parents; dad's dad died when i was young and his mum when i was a bit older, but i don't remember much about them) I realised when I flew back from northern ireland how much I miss them, and it really encouraged me to get to know my spiritual and natural heritage through them. Swapping stories of when my mum and aunt and uncles were little, talking about my granny and grandads younger years and the struggles they had trying to provide for their family, really made me feel part of something, that I haven't felt in a long time.

And on the faith front, things are a bit stirred up at the moment, as God is giving me a very clear message of where he wants my life to head, I've just got to figure out how I get there and pay off my debt first. I've been very very challenged by God lately, and challenged that I know what he wants me to do, now I've just got to go and do it.

Anyhow, will write again when I've got more time...

3 comments:

  1. Here in the US, I have not even got a single wiff of Christmas yet ... it's all a build up of Halloween and Thankgiving. Lord spare me if they decide to short those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a Christmass shopping feature on the news about a week ago, but, apart from that, we seem to be relatively free of the "Fat Man in the Red Suit"

    But you know that on the day, (not even the day after,) they'll be taking down the pumpkins and putting up the paraphenalia.

    Any day now, they'll be starting to urging us to buy, buy ... BUY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh I guess we have halloween here too, but I don't think it's quite as big... Hopefully not anyway.

    Charles - your description of Santa sounds like my dad haha!! (except for the red suit of course)

    The retailers will probably try to combine all the festivals and holidays and special days sometime soon I reckon, though I don't reckon it'll be very popular!

    I shall post about my invention that I'm going to patent soon lol

    ReplyDelete