Thursday, October 26, 2006

National Curry Week!!!

That's right you heard it here!!

This week is, (or was should I say?) National Curry Week, and all over the western world we celebrated the good 'ole curry. I shall be partaking myself tonight, I'm going round to a friend's from church with a few others, and we are getting a HUGE takeout to stuff ourselves with. We'll probably regret it in the morning...

Apparently scientists have discovered that curry has addictive properties, well not to be funny, but I could have told you that due to 15 plus years of curry experience!!

A curry fact: Did you know that the most popular curry in Britain, the Chicken Tikka Masala, was actually invented for the British in India? Us brits couldn't cope with the spiciness and heat of the local's fayre, (tikka) so they added a cooling ingredient.... Yoghurt!

And thus Tikka Masala was invented!! (the Masala bit is the yoghurt)

There you go, I've bored myself!!

Those of you who don't like Spicy food will be glad to know this week also is National Eating Out Week as well, so go and eat!! If you're like me, and eating out is a luxury you can rarely afford, go an get some junk food and enjoy it!! Sometimes the simplest pleasures in life like good unhealthy greasy food are what makes it all seem worthwhile!!

So go on, get that takeout menu, and go order!! If you're not cooking it, technically it's eating out!!

Ok enough for now, I have curry to go eat.....

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I'm more of a fatty/meaty Germanic eater. Please pass the brats...

    ReplyDelete