Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Keeping Healthy HURTS!!

Seriously people.

I decided I'd better go back to the gym, since I hadnt been in three months, was still paying the monthly fee, and I used to go four/five times a week!! (Don't get the wrong idea, I only use the rowing machine and the bike, nothing else, I'm not a muscle bound model - you'd see that if you know me or have met me lol)

Haven't felt up to it for a while, but I guess it's a vicious circle...

Where was I?

Oh yeah. The Gym.

Well, I went Sunday afternoon, deciding that I should go, and sunday afternoons are usually lazy so why not? I did the rowing machine for half an hour, and then went to the cycling. One problem I have is that I get carried away listening to my ipod, which has either a sermon/talk that I'm thinking deeply about, or some really cheesy pop album that entertains me. Well, I was listening to both - one after the other on sunday, and because I close my eyes while cycling, (yeh I know, I'm wierd but its helps me concentrate on the song/message and my cycling) I kinda forgot the time.... (Justification: well I don't go with anyone, and it's not really the place to have random conversations with strangers really, so it's not that bad that I close my eyes!!)

An hour and a half later, I realised I'd been there a while...

I did a cool down cycle, reduced the gradient on the bike and stopped. I did all the stuff you're supposed to, stretches, etc, but felt a bit stiff, as you would if you're unfit and have M.S, and have cycled for an hour and a half vigorously!

All this week, my bum muscles have ached. In fact, they've been on fire at some points, and I think I've bruised my bum muscles and got VERY saddle sore!! So, no pain, no gain as they say! I've lost weight since I started going to the gym, but most of it was in sweat on sunday!

So the moral is, don't close your eyes when cycling, otherwise you won't see the timer on the display in front of you...

I'll have a great ass but won't be able to walk properly...

Oh well!!

lol let's see what happens on saturday and my next visit... maybe I should stick to the sauna!!

No comments:

Post a Comment