Sunday, October 24, 2004

Virtues...

One I definitely don't have is patience!


Ok, so I haven't posted for ages, as well as having a browser problem, (see below) I haven't been well. For those of you who can't read... (actually why bother typing this if you can't read?! - Surreal thought)


Well ok then...


For those of you who hadn't realised, I have M.S. (Multiple Schlerosis is the 'official' title) The last month, I went for my usual check-up, and I'd had a sore back and was feeling a bit 'under the weather' as we brits say...


Well... apparently it was a bit more than that. Apparently I'd had a small 'relapse', and my sore back was the result of plaque ('scar tissue') building up on my spine, and not muscular as I thought. Also, I had been having hesitancy problems going to the loo, but I just thought 'hey ho, not drinking enough water, little infection'...


Wrong again.


My bladder is not receiving the right signals from my brain, (apparently a common problem with MS sufferers) with the result that I don't go as often as I should. After a bladder scan (a bit like an ultrasound, jelly an all) the nurse told me I had 200 ml of urine in my bladder and I should be feeling the need to go!!


Nope.


Normally not going as much as u used doesn't sound like a huge problem, but in my case, apparently if I don't empty my bladder enough, there'a risk the urine could go back into my kidneys and cause damage....


Great!!


So.... to cut a long story short, I'm on a new drug called Gabapentin to help my inflamation problem, and am drinking lot's of water an cranberry juice for my other one...


So, the moral of the story is... If you're an MS patient, NEVER go for a 'routine' check-up, otherwise you might get more than you bargained for....


Yours Druggedly...

No comments:

Post a Comment