Sunday, February 03, 2008

Moments.

It seems strange to be sitting here writing at the computer when my life has been so hectic lately up until this point.

With lot's of very very early mornings and late finishes, my life has become a blur of activity mainly revolving around the shop, and then chatting on the phone for hours with Meg. Nothing else really happens of any importance, and my life feels a bit shallow at the moment, full of "busyness" but without an end goal in sight.

I find it interesting that it's precisely at this time that God's been making his presence known to me in lots of little ways throughout my day, whether it's a random thought about Him that pops into my head, or a verse of scripture, or a line of a song, just a little reminder that He's around and watching over me.

It's strange, have you ever had that moment of worship when you suddenly are able to realise how present God is? That He's not just an idea or a concept, but a living breathing Spirit present with you? I've had many times over the last few weeks where I've been listening to a song on the way into work, and I've just suddenly felt almost overhwelmed by God and wanted to burst into song, or burst into tears. Not tears of sadness, tears of Joy, about what He's doing in my life at the moment, and how He's blessing me. I have a beautiful, kind, generous, gentle lady who's willing to be my wife, a new job with a level of responsibility I've always wanted, a chance to mnake a difference where I am, so many things to be grateful to God for.

It's not that I have stacks of money, or my life is amazingly different in some prosperity way, in fact my life is still very boring at times, and I still have the weekly drudge and monday dread, but something's different now.

If I really think hard now, the only real measurable difference now is that I have hope for the future. Hope for a beautiful wife and new dreams for both of us, hope for a job that excites and challenges me, and hope that God has a plan for my life.

I hope that these moments of inspiration continue to happen as I learn to depend on my Heavenly father more and more.

:)

6 comments:

  1. Yo john , i been so busy to and catchin up on ppls blgos, i know what you mean , recently God has used ppl to come in to my life to overwhelm me with how blessed i am and burst into tears on how much they been through , its awesome ,my mum and dad now here with me and moving into a lovely house opposite ben nevis, and hopefully soon i will be joining them which is awesome. I now spending more time with the pppl that matter in my life and studying Gods word , its amazing how blessed we all are , and that Gods grace ...............amazing, glad u and meg ok x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope. That definitely makes a difference. If there's one thing I'll probably always remember from my counseling course at BJU, it's a line Dr. Mazak kept repeating. "For the Christian, there's always hope." No matter what the circumstances ... There is always hope. (Hope as an expectation, not a wish.)

    Do I really believe Him when he says, he will make everything beautiful (or complete?) when the time's right? Do I really believe that he loves giving to his children? Do I really believe that his grace is sufficient for me? If I do, I expect him to fulfill his promises--I have hope that one day I'll be with him, physically and spiritually, forever. And all the unpleasant experiences, bad dreams, sad memories, and pain will fade away in the glory of his presence. :)

    Thanks for your post. You know I've been thinking about some of these things more lately too--since last March, really, but even more again since last night.

    Love never fails. :) Now that's something to hope in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :o


    I love you. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, it's easy to forget God is there with you, all the time. Last Sunday in my Sunday School Class, he smacked me on the back of the head and told me to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol mdmh - that happens to me regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog time, dream hobbit.

    Lots o' love,
    your pinup blog police girl

    :O

    PS don't let Pete see this comment. He will want to know if I know other pinup police girls.

    ReplyDelete