Saturday, October 13, 2007

Anglo-American Relations!!

No, I'm not going to start a lengthy discourse on the subtleties of the American Right, or the nuances of Brownite Britain...

This is just a short note from me to say that Meg and I got engaged on Tuesday night!!!!!

A photo of the ring will be posted as soon as we get back from Northern Ireland, which is where we are at the moment, visiting family. For those who are interested, a brief description follows:

The ring is a nine carat white gold ring, with a dazzling blue topaz stone in the middle (9mm diameter apparently!) It has small diamonds all around the band.

We're both very happy, and we hope to get married next summer, though the exact date is unknown as yet, as we have the nasty and long drawn out process of visa applications, etc!!

Anyway, I'm off for a coach tour of the Antrim Coast now, I'll blog soon!!

9 comments:

  1. thats great news, well done to you both (thats a weird phrase as its not really a massive achievement is it? hmmm maybe thats a blog on its own!)

    seriously happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be bridesmaid please ? lol congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you two. Congrats. If I am in England by then let me come too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations JM - well done on getting what sounds like a truly GORGEOUS ring. She is a lucky beautiful lovely lady!

    So excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats jm, you could both pop to portadown and visit my grandparents lol gbu x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both :)

    ReplyDelete