Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer's Here!!

At Last!!

The British Summer has ended, and the days of rain, hail, and snow have hopefully finished!

I've been off all week, as I had to use a week of leave up, so I've been nice and relaxed and chilled, which I needed to be honest!

I've done really domestic things all week, and hardly left the house. One thing I would like to highlight to all you bloggers is to go and check this site out.

It's the website of International Justice Mission which I've just started a monthly standing order to, to support. There are still 27 million people in slavery at the moment globally, and IJM seeks to work alongside lawyers and attorneys who help to free the oppressed and literally defend the orphan and the widow. Many people in developing countries arent aware of the laws that are set in place to defend them, and many widows and orphans become victims of greedy in-laws who seize the property and legacies that are actually theirs by right. IJM seeks to right these wrongs, and offer a legal service alongside it's partners to help them win these cases, and be on the side of true Justice.

Basically, IJM is a Christian Human Rights Organisation, started by it's founder Gary Haugen, who was the U.N. Director Of Investigations in 1994, after the Rwandan Genocide.

They're a really worth-while organisation, and have offices all over the world, including the UK and the US.

The UK website for IJM is here.

Another organisation that is worth looking at is here.

Compassion International works with local communities and offers a sponsorship program to release children from poverty, and help with education opportunities.

The UK site is here.

The Bible teaches all the way through that to follow God is to care about Justice and Righteousness, and to care about how we live and interact with people. Giving aid, sponsoring children, supporting human rights organisations, all these are ways for us in the West to do our part and use the resources that God has given us.

Please go and check out these websites.

Please go and check them out, they do an amazing work.

6 comments:

  1. Is there a US site for the first one? I noticed they had a UK flag and a Canadian flag, but not a US one. I'm gonna read more of it later though when I get a chance. It looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hobbs, you still have not once left a comment on my blog !!!!??, hehe , its great wht you are doing and about the previous blog i sometimes after going to the toilet leave with my skirt in my pants and forget no dont realise it is there hehehe !!!! x gbu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bother. I was thinking of pretending to be the blog police, and telling everyone to move along because nothing was happening. Now you've blogged, and so I can't. :p

    Very interesting blog...I will check the links later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol lilmiss! Sometimes I leave the bog with my pants inside my trousers.. no wait, that's ok coz I'm a man. Hmph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling people about IJM! I wanted to tell you about a contest IJM is currently in the running for:

    Help IJM Win $100,000!

    International Justice Mission is in the final round of a competition for $100,000 to support our work, and we need your vote to win!

    Every day, from July 9 through August 10, we need as many people as possible to go online to www.Rezoom.com/ABETTERWORLD and vote once a day, everyday, for the entire month.

    For more information about the work of International Justice Mission go to www.ijm.org

    ReplyDelete