Thursday, March 16, 2006

Knowing

Can you truly know people?

I've just found out something very important about someone I know very very well, or rather someone I thought I knew very very well, more to the point.

What I've discovered by accident, isn't that shocking in itself, but the fact that I never picked up on it, and that they've never admitted it to me, is a bit distressing.

Have you ever had those times where you've found out something about someone you love that doesn't fit your knowledge of them, and you realise in one shocking moment that all you knew, was the tip of the iceberg?

You thought you knew them, but actually you only knew a part of them they wanted you to see.

It makes you question your memories of them, and whether you actually know them at all.

Even scarier when it's someone you've grown up with.

Sadder when that person has to constantly watch their words, their actions for fear of being "found out".

Makes me love them more more, out of compassion for the prison they've put themselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment