Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ONE Month to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!

1 more month of singleness!

Well, Megan flew over for a week and she flew back yesterday to make the final preparations for our wedding in Maine on the 16th August.

I have a strange mix of emotions realising that's it's just one calendar month until I marry my beautiful fiance, but mostly excitement. The night before she left, we went over the vows with my dad (who's marrying us) and I think at that point, hearing those ancient words (we're using the traditional vows, words like "I give you my troth", etc) I must admit, I got just the teensiest bit nervous!!

Not nervous of spending my life with Meg, because that's all I want at this point with having so many separations, but just nervousness about the holiness of it all. To make those promises, in front of God Himself... that's a little scary!!

It's good though. I need to be a little scared, because if I was totally confident and approached it knowing I can be everything she wants then I would be making a huge mistake. Meg and I love each other, and I can honestly say she is all I want, but if I'm looking for some huge emotional physical sponge that can meet all my needs for the rest of my life in Meg, then I'm looking in the wrong place. It's really important for us to keep reminding ourselves that it's in the giving of love to each other through our relationship with God that we'll make this work, not some silly sentimentality that says we'll never argue or disagree.

I'm excited at what God has for both of us in our life together, and excited about what he wants to do through us as uniquely, as a couple. I guess time will tell what that will eventually be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment