Thursday, October 26, 2006

Broadening Horizons

Wow what a busy day I'm having!!

I've got through several parcels of stock, priced and ready to put out; (I'll get the staff to do that - hey that's what staff are for!!) I've sorted out my Boss's wireless broadband problems on his laptop temporarily with a network cable plugged directly into the router; I've served customers, sorted out a tasks priority for the rest of the day for the staff, talked about a major bookstall we're doing for a conference next month, all before lunch!!

Now I'm going to go and sit down and listen to podcasts on my ipod and close my eyes for an hour...

I've been regularly downloading quite a few, mainly preaching/teaching, but due to comments left here, I've discovered two new ones:

1. Multiple Sclerosis Podcast - Todd & Kim present this (Kim has MS, Tood is the hanger on! lol joking!) and it's a really good listen, and I've found it very useful so far... Check out Larry The Lesion!! lol

2. MSBPODCAST - very good and funny as well, a mix of music and discussion/news/personal reflections on dealing with MS everyday

Both of these you can subscribe to using I-Tunes and many other podcast service providers, go and check them out!

I don't normally talk about MS much, mainly because I've been diagnosed nearly four years now and have what i would consider quite a mild form, i.e. at the moment I'm still working full time and am on Copaxone. Most of my symptoms I either ignore because they're so trivial, or I just get on with. I haven't had a lot of connection with other people with MS to be honest, partly due to living in denial, (lol) but also partly because for me the more I talk about it, the more I worry about the future.

Actually, I think most of it's still denial lol.

When I was first diagnosed, I actually enquired about local MS groups, but most of them were full of older people, or at least people with an older view of life, if you know what I mean. Maybe it's a sign of my generation, but I tend to keep myself to myself, even when it results in depression, which now that I type it seems a bit silly.

Hmmm...

That made me think.

I hate it when I do that to myself!!

Anyway this post has been far too long running without a point, so I will end it here!!

3 comments:

  1. "I've sorted out my Boss's wireless broadband problems on his laptop temporarily with a network cable plugged directly into the router"

    Maybe your boss's computer has MS? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think - it's often better when you make yourself think - than when someone else makes you think.

    What do you think?

    I think - and it is often the case - that when I make myself think - God is making me think - and that is a good thing.

    Like your blog by the way.

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL mdmhvonpa you may be right!! It's certainly something to do with faulty wiring and signals being interrupted ;)

    I also think you may be right too KT! God always make me think... I think I think a bit too much sometimes!

    Ty for your comments, they've made my day!!

    (I know I know... I'm a nerd lol)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete