Thursday, November 04, 2004

This Week....

Well, it's nearly the end of the week, unfortunately it'll be a bit longer for me, since I've got to work on Saturday aswell. Never mind.

I can't believe it was nearly a week ago since I went down to Winchester for the weekend, and I haven't written about it!! What's wrong with me!!

Well, it was a brill weekend, meeting up with Alison and her husband Mike, I haven't seen them for nearly three years since their wedding, and they were surprisingly sane when I arrived. I thought it was a good time to visit, since they're expecting their first baby in April, and I didn't want to be around then!! (not that I'm anti-baby or anything!)

I've known Alison since Uni days, which seems a loooooooooong time ago now. It's actually 12 years since I went to Uni. TWELVE YEARS!!!!!!! Blimey, I feel old! That's a really depressing thought, my only consolation being that I still look old enough to just be going to Uni!! lol

Anyway...

Had a great weekend catching up, it still feels wierd to me to be visting friends, who are all married withkids/kids on the way. You kind of feel a bit left out in some ways, it's very strange. It's a different feeling to just lonliness, everyone gets that. It's more like a feeling of 'not fitting in', because society says you should have found someone by now, be having kids, etc. You kind of feel that there's something just that little bit strange/deviant about you, because your life hasn't fallen into that pattern.

lol listen to me, I sound like I'm 106!!

Well, I don't feel like this all the time, just sometimes. It's strange, because although my two (yes two!) separate engagements didn't work out and hurt me loads, looking back I can see that both I and them were different people, and although (in the most recent one) I was older, I don't think I'm that mature at times, so it's been good to learn from both heartbreaks.

However, it's gonna take some woman to make me propose to her in the future, I don't know even after 19 months of being single, if I can trust women really. This blog's probably making me sound like a right depressive, but I guess you're more introspective on these things, besides, if I was, would I have white an purple hair?! ;-)

hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment